For those lucky enough to get hold of an iPhone 3G, here is an invaluable tip (at least for me):
- If you haven't already signed up for an iTunes store account do it now (there are loads of free apps for the iPhone, so signup even if you never plan to spend any money).
- To enable 5FM streaming, you need to download the excellent FStream application, it's free so don't worry. To do this just search for FStream in the application store.
- After you have synced you iPhone with iTunes and the application is installed, you need to setup the 5FM stream.
- So start FStream up and tap the "Favorites" button at the bottom of the screen. Hit edit at the top left and of course select "Add new webradio".
- Enter whatever you like for the Name field e.g. "5FM".
- Enter the following for URL field, minus the quotation marks of course: "mms://18.104.22.168/5fm_22"
- Finally hit "Save" (top right) and go back to the "Play" menu by tapping the "Play" button at the bottom of the screen.
- Select the entry which matches the Name you previously created and 5FM should start buffering.
- Optional, increase the Buffer size to large, this can be done by tapping the "More" button at the bottom of the screen.
Hope this helps someone.